Friday, September 10, 2010

"Better three hours too soon than a minute too late." ~ William Shakespeare

Now that we are getting into the third week of school - there is inevitably going to be upcoming deadlines for students. Although all students have been thoroughly introduced to my classroom's late policy, I think it is a good idea that parents are aware of it as well. This is directly copied and pasted out of the General Classroom Contract that your son/daughter(s) received at the beginning of the year.


7. So, What Happens When I Hand Something In Late, Procedure:

Good question. I understand that you are people, that you have lives, and that sometimes “stuff” happens. That is why you have two “Get out of Jail Free” cards (apparently I like Monopoly?). These can be used twice over the course of the semester and should be applied only to major projects, essays, etc. You must fill out the form and submit it to me at least ONE WEEK before the assignment is due. This will grant you a one week extension from the original due date.

The form must be completed in its entirety and brought to me. I will then approve or reject the request, sign it in front of you, and give you verbal verification as to whether it is granted.

Keep in mind that if you hand things in late, there is no guarantee that they will be handed back with the rest of the assignments that were handed in on time.

Those students who do not use their “Get out of Jail Free” cards can sign them and return them back to me at the end of the semester to receive two bonus points per card that will be applied to his/her assignment marks.

What if you didn’t use your card and it is still late? Simple. You have five days to get it into me, losing 10% per day, after that, it’s zero.

If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or call me at the school!

The following due dates have been set:

Grade 10 ELA September 15th - Tell-tale Heart Assignment

Grade 12 ELA September 17th - Rant Assignment

No comments:

Post a Comment